UV Gel Professional Course
Guaranteed to be the most Comprehensive, Affordable, Insurance Approval Guaranteed, Certified Home Study Nail Course available in the UK. Now into our 14th Year!
The HLUK Qualification/Certification and the Professional Portfolio of evidence that you build with our help, means that you will be able to gain your public liability insurance. This insurance will cover you to work from home, mobile or in a salon.
This is a comprehensive Professional UV Gel Nail Technician 7-module course, with Tutor help and unlimited support.
Covers the theory and practical elements from basic hygiene to treatments and procedures, such as overlays, artificial, sculptured nails and much more!
Our course covers all you will need to know, from anatomy and physiology of skin and the nail, essential chemistry and preparation.
Covers application, maintenance and sculpture, as well as basic and advanced techniques. In depth illustrations and superb quality full colour photographs. Full DVD lessons to watch, rewind, watch again. Great close up, step by step lessons.
How does Distance Learning work?
We supply our students with approved course material and detailed instructions to complete assignments.
The assignments are marked by a Tutor, who will be assigned to you until you complete the course. No time limit! Contact is usually by email.
If you need to speak to someone about your course, Student Support Advisors are trained to answer the majority of questions that can arise. If an Advisor cannot answer your question, the query will be passed to your Tutor, who may email you, or if it is appropriate, phone.
You compile your own unique, portfolio of evidence, as guided by clear instructions.
We encourage Students to express their own personality in their work. Therefore, every Student's Portfolio will be unique!
Your Tutor will mark assignments promptly and give encouraging feedback. You will have the opportunity to re-submit your work if required.
Support is unlimited, by phone and email.
Phone support: 8.30 am until 8.30 pm Mon to Fri. Saturday 9.00 to 1.30 pm. At busy times, or outside of normal hours, students can leave a message. We always return calls promptly.
We do not believe in pressurising students, so we do not have time limits.
Our comprehensive Nail Technician course is written in line with NVQ in Nail Services Level 2 and 3. As part of the course we include The Official Guide to Level 2 and 3 NVQ.
Assignments are marked, graded, and we show you how to build a portfolio of evidence.
Because the HLUK Approved UV Gel Nail Technician Diploma comes with your portfolio of evidence, which proves your success......This qualification has been accepted by Local Authorities, and The insurance industry.
Great news! Because we now have many of our Successful Students working as self employed technicians or working in Salons.
The course guide, the course text book and DVD instructions, are extremely high quality and very easy to follow. You can practice these treatments on friends and relatives etc. The consultation sheet and photo evidence that we help you to complete, will form an important part of your portfolio.
Anatomy and Physiology as related to Nail Treatments
- Essential knowledge/The skin/Blood circulation/The lymphatic system/The bones of the hands and feet/Muscles/The nervous system/The nail unit/The process of nail growth
Preparing the work area
- Equipment/Using nail products safely/Absorption, ingestion and inhalation/Sterilisation, disinfection and sanitization/Legislation for salons and equipment/Tools of the trade: correct use and cleaning/Pricing structures in the salon
Preparing you and your client
- Allergies and overexposure/Treatable conditions and untreatable conditions/The professional technician and communication/Client consultation and assessment/Client preparation
Applying tips to the nails
- Preparing the natural nail/Adhesives/Applying a plastic tip/Problem nails shapes and how to correct them/Alternative tips
- The structure of the overlay/Problem shapes/Practice makes perfect/Aftercare advice
The art and skill of applying sculptured nails
- Sculptured nails or plastic tips/Systems and forms/Remedial sculpting
Maintaining artificial nails
- Value of maintenance/Need for regular maintenance/Maintenance treatments/Self assessment skills/Nail diseases and disorders/The removal of artificial nails
This Nail Technician course will prepare you for working in this expanding industry or starting your own nail services business.
SUPPLIED WITH THIS COURSE:
12 Watt UV Lamp and full kit:
*UV Gel Clear 30g* UV Gel Pink 30g* UV Gel Hollywood White 5g* UV Gel Wipe Off Solution 100ml* Sterilising Spray 60ml* Sterilising Gel 60ml* Cuticle Oil 10ml* Nail Fresh 100ml* Lint Free Pads Qty 50* Nail Glue 3g* 20 Olympic Assorted Tips* 20 Active Assorted Tips* 20 Ultra Assorted Tips* 20 Big C Assorted Tips* 20 French White Competition Tips* 20 Natural Competition Tips* Tip Blender 15ml* Pink Tip Cutters* Duraboard 240/240* White Block* Duraboard 100/180* Jumbo Buffer* Primer Pen* 6" Manicure Sticks Qty 5* No. 5 Flat Gel Brush
Video: We give you access to 2 Professional Quality online videos.
- Preparation/Health &Safety/Consultation.
- How to use and understand Gel process, including advanced use of products/lamp/timing/procedures etc.
- Easy to follow Online DVDs. Separated into simple chapters, step by step how to perform Art, Beauty and Care on clients, family and friends:
- Art: Create an impressive but simple diamond splashed look or a cute and colourful flower design. With clear demonstration of the basic techniques.
- Beauty: Shows how to perform a range of different finishes (including a French manicure) and detailed demonstrations on the application and maintenance of nail tips.
- Care: The professional manicurist gives some trade secrets on a basic manicure and how to maintain healthy nails. Common problems encountered are also addressed here.
- Comprehensive easy to follow Course guide.
- Assignments, Theory and Practical.
- Unlimited Tutor help. Phone support. Free email contact.
- Portfolio building guide: Professional Portfolio to prove your skills, with comments and Reference from a Qualified Tutor.
- Stationery Pack.
- No time limit.
Insurance Approved HLUK Diploma.
Please do compare the content and quality of this course to any other supplier. Many other suppliers are charging far more than this, for far less content! Why would choose a different Home Study Supplier? Any questions? Confused about Qualifications? Please phone for free no obligation advice. 01933 353512
We use Paypal as a secure and safe way for you to pay. You do not need a Paypal Account. Pay with any credit or debit card. £12 will be added at checkout to cover professional packaging and safe secure delivery by courier. (Some courses may be sent Royal Mail recorded depending on weight)
Fast UK Delivery